Saturday, January 8, 2011
We had saved Sasha's baby carseat but I truly didn't think I could look at this awful fabric for the next year:
So I used a tutorial from Etsy's Puking Pastilles to dismantle the old cover and make it anew.
Sasha helped me select a sweet bird fabric I had gotten from Fabric Depot about a year ago from my stash.
This was a fairly fussy project, but not difficult, and it went much quicker than I thought it would. I had some trouble with the pieces that wrap under the seat to keep it in place and had to do some hand-sewing to fix it up. A very pleasing project because it's such an improvement!